So I'm officially moving today. Not because it was just made official, but because it's today. Meaning I should be asleep, but in true me fashion I have waited until the last minute to pack, and I still feel the need to go to Bible study and my voice lesson tomorrow before I leave, not to mention there are still people I haven't really said bye to because I'm lame and I have been being lazy all week. Which means I still have to finish packing (some of which I can't do til tomorrow anyway cause I have to sleep on the things that need packed, and I have some left over stuff to do before I leave ie, ordering contacts so I can see, and finishing off some paperwork at Regal now that I don't work there anymore. bah
In other news, I'm less freaked out about moving than I thought I would be. I'm more overwhelmed by the sheer amount of boxes I'm taking (where does all this stuff come from?) and the thought of trying to remember the above list of stuff I have to get done TOMORROW because I put it off because I procrastinate/forget things a lot. Maybe that's my coping mechanism. Like, if I'm too busy to actually think about the fact that I won't see any of these people till Christmas, possibly after that, it makes it significantly easier to leave. Or maybe I just suck at planning ahead.
Either way, I'm mostly just excited about my new life starting out and not having to live in my parent's basement anymore. Not that it's a bad thing or that I didn't like it, it's just so cliche you know? But Seattle is a fun town, and I like it there, and I have family and friends at a relatively close distance. I like the place I get to work in, the age I get to work with, and the curriculum I get to teach, so all in all things are looking pretty good. Which surprises me, cause typically change makes me feel like I'm dangling out of an airplane without a parachute and minimal knowledge of how far we are off the ground. But in this case I'm actually looking forward to the move, sad as I am to leave behind all the wonderful people and places I've come to love here in TC, I know new adventures await me in a place I've visited, but never lived. And for once, I'm excited about the opportunity rather than terrified of the unknown. As Peter Pan says, to live will be an awfully big adventure. And a fun one too.
No comments:
Post a Comment