Monday, November 1, 2010

When it rains

So Seattle surprised me by surprisingly decent weather pretty much all last week, and then I had a day off. I mean seriously Seattle? You have really nice weather (for you in October) while I'm too dead from moving, then hanging out with friends that kept me out way later than I really needed to be, then work, then a retreat (which seems relaxing and calm until you realize that even work retreats that focus on rest are still work retreats) then some more work, then friends from out of town that kept me up later than I really needed to be, then more work, and then the moment I'm conscious enough to enjoy the local scene, rain, rain, and a little more rain, just to make sure we're covered. Sorry, that was a really long sentence...
Anyway, now I'm sitting in a coffee shop because I was sick of the house and I will have neither a work computer to internet on, or internet at my house, staring at the somewhat abysmal weather out the floor to ceiling windows trying to figure out why I don't hate today as much as my Tri-Citian born-to-be-in-sunshine-roots are telling me I should. It's gross and windy and rain splattered outside and I'm totally fine with it. I'm actually kinda happy about it. It makes outside smell good and the water is actually kind of refreshing provided I can be inside and warm so I can dry off and not feel damp and gross. It's not even that cold, just a little wet.
Yep, I'm perfectly content, in the rain soaked U District of Seattle. Which may not seem that shocking, but I hate rain and gray and blah, and for a while I was a little worried that I was going to develop SAD or whatever it's called if I lived here for longer than a week, but apparently that's not the case. Perhaps part of this weird contentment is the fact that I'm drinking one of the most delicious chai teas I've ever had, I finally have tea lights for the halloween candle holders I bought in Leavenworth (2 bucks, and they were on sale so they were only like a buck forty), and last Sunday actually went so so well (the week previous was rough since I work with kids four services every Sunday and the third morning service had some cute but very punky kids in it), and shortly Stina will come by and we'll go do something crazy fun in this big city I'm starting to decide that I actually kind of like.

1 comment:

  1. It's actually just 'cause it's a way better place than TC or Spokane. You're just now starting to realize it :-P

    ReplyDelete