Ok, in true cliched novice fashion I'm going to start off by telling you I have no idea what I'm doing. I've never had a blog before because honestly I've never had a reason and I don't actually find most of my musing exciting or entertaining enough to put online. However, seeing as I'm moving to Seattle I figure I should at least let the fam back home know what's going on in my life. Plus I now have friends all over the country, and I like them and want to keep them updated as to my goings on.
But more about Seattle. I will very shortly be the new Early Childhood Intern at U Pres in Seattle. I'm really looking forward to my new position in a new city, but it's also nerve-wracking and a little sad to leave my home town, even if it is just for a year. You'd think three years of college and a love of travel would make it easier, but it doesn't. But then, as my mom told me, I've never been that great with change. Even positive change is hard for me. Cause the unknown terrifies me to no end, even when I have a general idea of what it will be like, which I guess makes it not unknown anymore. Ow, double negatives.
Another thing you should know about me right up front is that I prefer a stream-of-consciousness style of writing and so use very few periods. I will try to use them as much as possible (when I remember) but I can't make any promises as to the train of thought making sense, since I tend to jump topics, much like the above two paragraphs.
I'm also incredibly long winded (which if you're paying attention isn't a subject change because we're still discussing things you should know about me) so please forgive the long posts as I'm also not likely to write in this very ofter after a while and so my updates will be long.
Mostly though, know that if you're reading this, I thank you, comment/post on anything you think is funny or sad or anything else, and if you caught the reference in my blog name and URL you get 500 bonus points to be used whenever they are needed for life.
That is all. ...For now
No comments:
Post a Comment