Wednesday, February 23, 2011

RADCOOOOOOOOON!

So Radcon was a blast this year.

For those of you who don't know, Radcon, (short for Radiation Convention, thanks Hanford!) is the big sci-fi/fantasy convention that happens in TC every year. Typically me and my siblings and occasionally my mom hit it up for some good old fashioned geeky fun. This year my life was made complete because the theme this year was steampunk <3.

I'm really awful at explaining what steampunk is, so read awesome article like my dad did and gain some knowledge.

It's pretty much the most aesthetically pleasing sub-genre I've ever encountered. Lots of brass, pipes, keys, Victorian sensibilities, top hats, and of the utmost importance, goggles. I'm madly in love with it even though I've never managed to finish (or really start) a steampunk book, I plan too after all the awesome I saw at Radcon.

Probably the best part of this entire experience is that I bought and altered a victorianish wedding dress into the coolest steampunk outfit I've ever owned. It's probably the greatest thing I've ever created, not that it's entire finished yet, but  it's still beautiful and amazing and makes me happy. A chick even took some sweet pics of it.
Like this, and this, and this really pretty detail.There are a bunch of other really sweet costumes up on her site, so you should look through the album, cause it's pretty damn impressive.

Hopefully soon I'll post about things that are actually happening in my life, cause there's lots, but for now, enjoy the pics and how awesomely geeky I am. Loves!

PS, I learned how to use links today!

2 comments:

  1. Steampunk photoshoot in August!!!!!!!!! Glad you had fun :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah! Love you cousin!!!! Can't wait to see yooouuuuu!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete