Hey folks.
Since I have like an hour before my next movie and nothing else to do I figured I should write that blog I promised. I'm sure most of you saw my facebook updates not that they make a lot of sense unless you know about all the movies I saw. Suffice to say that so far (I still have two to see today) all the movies I have seen have been good to phenomenal and I'm ridiculously excited to share the experience of seeing them with you when I get back. On the whole though this experience has been much less about the movies I've seen and much more about the interactions I've had.
If I'm really honest this is probably the closest I've gotten to what can be deemed as a real "on campus" seminary experience and along with everything else in my life right now I'm not sure how I feel about it. The timing of this trip has been odd, and in some ways it's making me... not so much question what I'm doing now as much as really ponder next steps. Over the course of this week I have seen 10 completely different movies, had theological conversations about literally everything one can have a theological conversation about, been rejected for a job I wasn't sure I was supposed to take when I applied, met about 20 new people, had zero alone time, and from stoked to be here to wanting nothing more than to be home. I've felt rejected, ridiculous, ecstatic, eager, lost, lonely, known and numb all in the course of about six days and I have no idea what to do with any of it when I get back. I feel like I've made some pretty big discoveries about myself, though I'm not sure what they are yet, and I've watched some pretty great movies. Rita told me to just live in the moment, and that's been helpful, but at the same time I can't help but wonder what God is up to and where this is all headed. Surprisingly I'm not actually worried about it, just kind of numb, not sure if that's better or not. I have been writing and thinking up some new stories which is exciting, but more about that later.
Unfortunately that's all I've got set the moment. Sorry there's no big mind altering revelations. Maybe in a few days. If you think of me on Monday say a prayer for my flight. I suppose one for clarity wouldn't hurt either. Missing you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment